In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our Parish Peace and Security Council will be supporting our Knights of Columbus (12104) in sponsoring a food drive for parishioners in desperate need.
We are collecting non-perishable food and household items (cleaning and bathroom supplies) as well as any cash, check, or gift card donations. The collection site is the Athletic Building near Holy Angels Church.
Non-perishable food is needed, especially cooking and cleaning supplies. The majority of families use oil, flour, rice, beans, and pasta as their food basics. Corn flakes is also a staple. Baby food is a high need item.
Our Next collection will be held on Saturday, May 16th from 9am-Noon.
It will be held at our Joan Muzzi Athletic Building on the Holy Angels campus at 82 Possum Park Road, Newark, Delaware.
To drop off your food donations:
- Pull into our campus and make a right into the lower lot.
- Have your donations in your vehicle's rear compartment/trunk.
- Pull up in front of the small white building and release the compartment/trunk.
- Our volunteers will remove your items.
- If you want a receipt/donation memo mailed to you, please include all information in a note with your items.
- If you unable to use the compartment/trunk option you will need to let someone know and we will direct you to another area.
- Please keep your window up unless asked to put it down.
Right now we can only accept non-perishable items. Items that support dietary restrictions are always in high demand.
Monetary donations accepted at the event (checks payable to K of C Holy Angels) or online at the following site (click below). All proceeds go to securing Acme gift cards, food, and household items.